About the AKH
WHAT IS THE AGRO-ECOLOGICAL KNOWLEDGE HUB?
The challenges of producing enough food, energy and fibre while preserving healthy soils, clean water and nature cannot be resolved by the current dominant types of conventional agriculture.
Agro-ecological approaches are fundamental to building sustainable agricultural systems.
Here are some of the questions being addressed on the Agro-ecological Knowledge Hub:
- How can agro-ecological approaches contribute to feeding you with nutritious and sustainable food?
- How can agro-ecological approaches help to ensure and diversify farmers income, and better connect them with consumers?
- How can you, as farmer or community organisation, develop, share your knowledge, identify opportunities, address local priorities, co-construct and implement a strategy for local/regional agro-ecological food systems?
- How can policies at national and regional levels promote and support the implementation of innovative, agro-ecological strategies?
- How can European Union policies support agro-ecological farming systems?
This Agro-ecological Knowledge is a library of insights and practical tools that has been produced by the H2020 UNISECO research project to help all spheres of society interested in, practicing or building policies for farming and rural development find what they need to contribute to a more sustainable agriculture and food system.
The UNISECO project aimed at developing innovative approaches to enhance understanding of the socio-economic and policy drivers and barriers to the development and implementation of agro-ecological practices in EU farming systems.
The content on the Agro-ecological Knowledge Hub is available in 13 languages (CZ, DE, EN, ES, FI, FR, GR, HU, IT, LT, LV, RO, SE). Select the language of your choice in the upper right corner of the page.
Explore the Hub to read and hear about what agro-ecology can offer you and the role you can play to help it spread more widely, starting from your own household or community.